THE SHOP FORWARD SWEEPSTAKES RULES
- NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY OF THE SHOP FORWARD SWEEPSTAKES.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, you are signifying your agreement to The Shop Forward Rules, terms and conditions. This Sweepstakes consists of multiple entry periods dependent upon the specific prize. You do not have to make a donation to enter the Sweepstakes. Simply follow the link to the Alternative Entry Form if you are not making a donation entry and complete the required information and submit the entry before the expiration the Entry Period or you can send a hand written entry with your name, address (no P.O. Box), valid email address, name of the prize and a statement that "I have read the Rules of The Shop Forward Sweepstakes and agree to their terms and conditions." to the Sponsor address noted in paragraph 12. Sponsor takes no responsibility for delayed or lost entries sent by mail. The "Entry Period" begins on the day a particular prize is posted on the theshopforward.com website, so check back often for new prizes. The Entry Period for each prize will end at 11:59 PM (PST) of the last day of the Sweepstakes noted for each particular prize/product. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of The Shop Forward (hereinafter "Sponsor") and its respective affiliates, distributors, retailers, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate families and household members of each are not eligible. To enter, navigate the Internet to www.theshopforward.com and click the “MY UGLY CHARITY SWEATER” Sweepstakes link and complete all the requested information for the particular prize. All entries must contain a valid mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) and a valid e-mail address. All valid entries for the Entry Period must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) of the last day of the Entry Period for the particular prize. Limit one (1) free entry per e-mail address; mailing address; person; family and/or household.
- Donation Entries. If you choose to make a donation when entering the Sweepstakes, The Shop Forward will provide you with a specified number of entries based upon your donation amount as listed in the Sweepstakes product page. You may donate more than once and will be provided with additional entries based upon your donation amounts. Since you may enter the Sweepstakes by making a donation or by completing the free entry form, all entries will be equalized based upon the average amount of all donations received. What this means is that if the average amount of all donations was $50, then any free entries will be given additional entries to equal the same amount of the average donation entries subject to a maximum entry cap of 250,000 entries. 100% of the net donations received will be distributed to Charities listed in the entry form. All Charities are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations registered with the Internal Revenue Service. Your donation is not considered tax deductible and you should consult with your accountant or tax attorney for additional information regarding the treatment of the donation for tax purposes.
- Prizes. Each prize will vary and may have special conditions, time limits or entry dates. Donations are not refundable unless we are unable to deliver the prize. Please refer to each specific prize for additional terms and conditions.
- Selection of Winner/Validations: Winners will be selected for the contest by random drawing within approximately 5 days after the close of the Entry Period for each particular prize. By taking part in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and all decisions by Sponsor, whose decisions are final with respect to the Sweepstakes. The winner will be notified by e-mail and will be required to sign and return within 7 days of the date on the prize notification letter an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law. Failure to claim the prize, maintain a valid address and email address or to sign and return the forms within the time requested will result in forfeiture of prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
- Entry Errors: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic-transmission errors resulting in omissions, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or entrant on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. All donations must be processed by credit card or other acceptable payment format listed on the donation page for the particular prize. If the payment is not processed or the charges reversed, your entry will not be included in the drawing. If for reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the prize will be awarded to the “authorized account holder” of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned.
- Participation: For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an “entrant” shall consist of a person, family or household with a valid e-mail address. Should multiple entries be received from an entrant during the Entry Period, such entries will not be eligible. In case of dispute as to identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered. Acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name, image, likeness, voice and other identification for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited.
- Who can Participate. The Sweepstakes is intended for play for legal residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and in those countries where are not otherwise prohibited. Prohibited countries shall include, but are not limited to embargoed countries and countries that have local, national, municipal or other laws that prohibit the entry of Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be governed and construed according to U.S. Law and IN ALL CASES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN A PROHIBITED COUNTRY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. SOME COUNTRIES MAY ALLOW YOU TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES, BUT WILL PROHIBIT COLLECTING THE PRIZE SHOULD YOU WIN. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE IF YOUR COUNTRY PROHIBITS THE ENTRY OF A SWEEPSTAKES OR THE AWARD OF A PRIZE.
- Release. By entering, each participant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies from any and all claims, damages, liabilities and injuries (including but not limited to death) arising out of an entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Prize and Odds: Entries will provide you with a chance to win a Prize based upon the entry for the product submitted. The actual odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received for each specific prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. In case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes on the prize and all expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of winner.
- Prize Winner List: Names of the prize winners may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Shop Forward, Attn: Sweepstakes, 12836 Alondra Boulevard, Cerritos, California 90703 within 30 days after the end of the Entry Period.
- Legal: DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Los Angeles, California, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California State law, without reference to its choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto. If you are a California resident, you also acknowledge that you have been advised and are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
"A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
You, being aware of said code section hereby expressly waive any rights you may have thereunder and well as under any other statutes or common law principal of similar effect.
- Sponsor: The Shop Forward, 12836 Alondra Boulevard, Cerritos, CA 90703. Any questions should be sent to email@example.com
© 2016 THESHOPFORWARD ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PORTION OF THE RULES MAY BE USED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE SHOP FORWARD.